Centene Corporation Director, Product Development - Medicare in Clayton, Missouri
Position Purpose: Oversee the life cycle of product development from initial concept through implementation and continuous improvement. Lead development of Centene’s programs for dually eligible beneficiaries (e.g., Medicare-Medicaid Plans / Financial Alignment Initiative) and develop product strategy in collaboration with local subsidiaries and Corporate functions (e.g., operations, finance, marketing, IT).
· Lead research and development of new programs and service offerings to leverage current and potential capabilities
· Coordinate and develop product strategy and growth plans
· Collaborate with various cross-functional departments, and external stakeholders to respond to market trends and opportunities
· Provide thought leadership for policy makers and promote best practices in working with dually eligible beneficiaries
· Ensure legal/regulatory compliance of products
· Develop cost models including gross and net margin targets and profit/loss during product incubation
· Responsible for on-time and on-budget launch of new products and programs from concept and design to development and deployment
· Monitor and analyze product performance and make recommendations on modifications/enhancements
· Conduct due diligence of vendors for potential program/monitoring business opportunities
Position includes approximately 30% travel to local subsidiaries and conferences/industry events
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business Administration, or related field. Masters in business, health policy or administration, public health, or social work preferred. 7+ years of product development experience, including significant experience in the health care industry required. Project Management experience required. Strong oral and written communications skills. Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff. Medicaid or Medicare experience strongly preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Director, Product Development - Medicare
LOCATION: Clayton, Missouri
COMPANY: Business Development & Sales
POSITION TYPE: Professional